Microsoft Word is a good app for writing however we have at all times needed a simple method to convert speech to textual content inside this app. As journalists, we spend method an excessive amount of time transcribing recorded audio from interviews and even changing voice notes into written textual content. Microsoft lately launched a brand new function for Word with which you are able to do each these issues. Follow this information as properly let you know the straightforward steps that allow you to transcribe audio in Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word: How to transcribe an audio file
To begin transcribing an audio file in Microsoft Word, comply with these steps.
- Go to Microsoft Word on-line and log in to your account.
- After you’ve logged in, create a brand new doc.
- In the Home tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- You’ll now see two choices — Upload audio and Start recording.
- Go forward and hit Upload audio to add an audio file for transcription. This takes a short time so do not shut the window or refresh the web page whereas your file uploads. One other thing to notice is which you could solely add audio information in wav, M4a, mp4 and mp3 codecs.
- Once that is performed, the transcription will likely be accessible to you within the pane proper beneath.
- Now that your file is transcribed, you may edit a section by clicking the pencil icon. After you are performed making the modifications, hit the tick icon to substantiate.
- Besides, you can even add the entire transcription to a doc by clicking Add all to doc or you may even add a selected part by hovering over the cursor over the part and clicking +.
- You may also mess around with the audio controls if you wish to hear the audio file for making corrections.
- Apart from importing audio, you can even document your audio and transcribe in actual time.
- To do this, once more from the Home tab, hit the down arrow proper subsequent to Dictate and click on Transcribe.
- Click Start Recording to start.
- Once you are performed recording, hit Save and transcribe now to avoid wasting your file.
- After this, you may repeat the sooner steps to edit or make modifications.
Transcribe audio to textual content free on-line
If you are on the lookout for options that supply a lot of the identical performance, don’t fret, we have you lined. Check out these different choices.
Otter.ai is an effective choice for somebody who needs to document and take notes in actual time. Otter is a paid service that is accessible on-line in addition to on smartphones. All you should do is enroll along with your e-mail ID and also you’re good to go. It can be fairly straightforward to make use of. You can merely import an audio file for transcription or you may document audio in actual time. Besides, when your audio has been transcribed, you get choices to edit it, share it or you may even export the textual content or audio in the event you want. Otter gives as much as 600 minutes monthly on the free tier. However, in the event you actually just like the companies and do not thoughts spending on the options, you will get Otter Premium for $9.99 a month (roughly Rs. 735) or $99.99 a yr (roughly Rs, 7,355). Besides, there’s additionally Otter for Teams that permits you to transcribe Zoom conferences. This prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207) or $720 yearly (roughly Rs. 52,970).
Descript is one other nice transcription service, however not like Otter, it is just accessible as an app for Windows and Mac. So, upon getting the app put in in your pc, all you should do is join the service and also you’re able to transcribe. Descript has all of the choices that allow you to document, add an audio file, edit it, share it and so on., however the catch right here is that you simply solely get three hours of transcription time on the free tier. If you need to proceed utilizing Descript, you may both should go for a Creator account that prices $15 a month (roughly Rs. 1,107) or if you need the perfect of the perfect, you may go for the Pro account that prices $30 a month (roughly Rs. 2,207).
Google Docs won’t be as feature-rich as the opposite transcription companies on this record, however in the event you merely need to take notes whereas talking, then look no additional than Google’s providing. To begin recording your voice, open Google Docs in your pc > create a brand new doc > click on Tools > click on Voice typing. Now, all you should do is communicate and Docs will do the remaining for you. Of course, you may should tweak your doc a bit, however is not tweaking a doc higher than writing a whole one? And the great half is that every one of that is free.
Write it down within the feedback in the event you want Google Docs voice-typing or are you prepared to pay the premium for different transcription companies.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Is Android One holding again Nokia smartphones in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, obtain the episode, or simply hit the play button beneath.