South Korean firms will likely be “hesitant” about investing within the US after a big -scale immigration at a Hyundai plant within the state of Georgia final week.
Officials stated that greater than 300 South Korean arrested within the raid have been as a result of returning house on Friday, delayed “due to the circumstances from the US after their departure.
“The scenario is extraordinarily scary,” Lee said, given that it is common for Korean firms to send workers to help establish foreign factories.
“If it’s now not allowed, the set up of producing amenities within the US will likely be harder … firms ask whether or not it’s value doing.”
Last week, US authorities detained 475 people – more than 300 of them South Korean citizens – said they said they were working illegally in battery facilities, one of the state's largest foreign investment projects.
A plant worker talked to the BBC about nervousness and confusion during the raid. The employee stated that most of the detained workers were mechanics to install production lines on the site, and were employed by a contractor.
South Korea, a close American ally in Asia, promised to invest billions of dollars in the US, partially to offset tariffs.
The raid time, because both governments are engaged in sensitive trade talks, have expressed concern in Seoul.
The White House has defended the operation at the Hyundai plant, dismissing the concern that the raid could prevent foreign investment.
On Sunday, US President Donald Trump mentioned the raid in a social media post and called foreign companies to hire Americans.
Trump said the US government would “shortly and legally potential” to carry staff to the nation for international corporations.
With inputs from BBC

